September 14, 2021 9:40 a.m.
Roseburg Police cited a woman after flames ignited in a trailer on Monday.
An RPD report said at 10:30 p.m. the 51-year old was allegedly extracting marijuana oil using PVC pipe and bottles of butane in the enclosed trailer in the 1600 block of Southeast Main Street. The butane had settled at the bottom of the trailer. The report said the refrigerator in the woman’s trailer turned itself on with a pilot light, which ignited the butane fumes. The woman suffered severe burns on her legs. The trailer sustained major fire damage.
The woman was transported to CHI Mercy Medical Center where she allegedly admitted to using an open-loop system to obtain the marijuana oil. She was treated and released according to a hospital spokesperson.
The woman was cited for unlawful manufacturing of marijuana extracts.