2 ROSEBURG MAN CONVICTED IN SEPARATE SEX ABUSE CASES

January 9, 2021 2:00 p.m.

2 Roseburg men have been convicted in separate sex abuse cases.

Sergeant Jeff Eichenbusch of the Roseburg Police said last year detectives worked the cases which involved sexual abuse allegations.  Though unrelated, both involved the adult male suspect accused of abusing minor victims who were known to them.

In September, 62-year old Lawrence Jackson was jailed on six sexual assault charges involving a minor. Eichenbusch said the case began when they were contacted by law enforcement in another state, where the reported victim disclosed the previous abuse. Jackson was convicted of first degree counts of sodomy and sexual abuse. Both are measure 11 offenses. He was sentenced to 150 months in the Oregon State Prison.

In October, 65-year old Glen Essig was charged with four counts of first-degree sex abuse. He has been convicted of sexual abuse in the first degree. Essig was sentenced to 75 months in the Oregon State Prison.