Douglas County Sheriff’s Deputies are conducting a traffic safety campaign focusing on DUII enforcement during the holiday season.
The campaign runs through January 1st.
As part of the campaign, the Sheriff’s Office has increased traffic patrols directly focusing on DUII related investigations in Douglas County.
The funds for this campaign have been provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office along with the Oregon Department of Transportation encourages all drivers to celebrate the holidays safely, and follow these tips:
* Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving impaired–or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving impaired.
* If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
* If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
* Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking or is impaired, do not let that person get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If they do, report them immediately.
* Remember, alcohol is not the only substance that can impair driving!
* If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.